The project was to design, manufacture, factory test, install and commission two pieces of plant for the Chute Silo Project at Berkeley; a Shielded Transfer Flask & an Import/Export Facility. This case study describes the Import/Export facility.
Our engineers have been involved in projects from the design concept stage right through to manufacturing, testing at our factory and installation/commissioning on the clients’ sites.
Clients engage with Aquila at different stages in the delivery process, but we like to get involved as early as possible so that we can share best industry practice from the start, saving time and money and delivering to our clients’ exact requirements.
- Feasibility studies and cost options
- Engineering substantiation and validation
- Concept design and detail schemes
- Full size mock up for handling and functionality trials
- Budget pricing from concept designs and
- Detail design and manufacturing drawings for complete system
- Full manufacturing specification including NDT
- Manufacture and procurement
- Full assembly and factory acceptance tests (FATS)
- Installation and site acceptance tests (SATS)
- Life Time Quality Records
- Annual maintenance
- Spares Management
CASE STUDY: MAGNOX BERKELEY CHUTE SILO PROJECT
The project involved carrying out in-silo, size reduction of the waste, retrieval from the silo and transfer of the waste to a shielded container for export to an on-site storage facility.
A scheme design was produced for the process and equipment to carry Out the Chute Silo Project.
During the tender process, Aquila designed a system in 3D solid works to meet the functional specification. This not only allowed us to de-risk the design from a functional aspect but also enabled accurate estimating to fix the price.