Aquila was awarded the contract for the manufacture, procurement, assembly and testing of six import trolleys employed for safely transporting active material between facilities at Dounreay Site Restoration Limited (DSRL).
Our engineers have been involved in projects from the design concept stage right through to manufacturing, testing at our factory and installation/commissioning on the clients’ sites.
Clients engage with Aquila at different stages in the delivery process, but we like to get involved as early as possible so that we can share best industry practice from the start, saving time and money and delivering to our clients’ exact requirements.
- Feasibility studies and cost options meeting regulatory requirements
- Engineering substantiation and validation
- Concept design and detail schemes
- Full size or scale models for testing
- Budget pricing from concept designs and detail schemes
- Detail design and manufacturing drawings
- Full manufacturing specification including NDT
- Manufacture and procurement
- Life Time Quality Records
- Testing for regulatory compliance and specific customer needs
- Selection of lifting and handling tools
Aquila incorporated a commercially available proprietary motorised trolley, with modifications, to act as the main platform for the combination of steel support frames and Jabroc shielding.
Design modifications were made to three of the trolleys to enable the handling and transport of specially extended sacrificial cans.
Aquila worked hand-in-hand with DSRL to manufacture and assemble the six trolleys, making design modifications where required. The work testing was carried out at Aquila’s Twyford workshop, prior to delivery to DSRL.